I guess the beginning of the year is the time to talk about setting goals. (I won’t use the word “resolution” because I think if you want to do something, you should just damn well do it and not wait until January 1st.)
So what are my goals in 2012?
- Complete and submit three books. That’s two more than I did in 2011.
- Write a blog entry weekly.
- Write at least 500 words each weeknight and 1500 words a day on the weekends. (That darn day job gets in the way sometimes)
- Try to enjoy my first book being released. Don’t obsess about sales numbers, twitter followers, and building a backlist. Just enjoy it.
- Network more with other writers. Help and support each other.
- Become a better writer by actually taking time to work on the craft of writing.
- Keep reading writers I respect.
I’ll update you in my progress in a few months. What are your goals for 2012?